Thousands of Resources, Ready to help.
Community Development Project Profiles
See how the MEDC and communities have come together to increase private investment, create jobs and make lasting impacts in neighborhoods across the state through these project profiles.
One high profile building, owned and operated by Alpena Furniture and Flooring, chose to reinvest in their building to physically stabilize the structure as well as respect the historical nature of their asset.
A new five-story, mixed-use building was constructed with 3,755 square feet of first-floor restaurant space, 32 residential apartments on floors two through five, and integrated parking.
This $795,000 downtown redevelopment project transformed a vacant, blighted cinder block building into a premier retail location.
Marquette Food Co-op (MFC) rehabilitated two vacant, functionally obsolete buildings to accommodate expansion of its existing operations.
With financial assistance from the MEDC, the community chose to connect the downtown area of West Branch with their riverfront bicycle trail system.
Lofts on Monroe LLC restored a five-story building constructed in 1880, located at 16 Monroe Center, Grand Rapids. Prior to the renovation, the building had been vacant for nearly 40 years.
This project redeveloped 1.17 acres of property to create a new 3,300-square-foot production facility and café for de Boer’s Bakkerij.
Grand Rapids Downtown Market Holdings demolished blighted buildings to construct a year-round market on four acres in the Heartside neighborhood.
The project involved an MEDC CDBG Façade grant for front, side and rear faces of the building in downtown Hart.
This project was a transformational project for the city of Hudsonville, as it was the first private investment to mirror the city’s comprehensive redevelopment strategy to rebuild downtown Hudsonville.
The project historically renovated the Vogue Theatre, which was built in 1938 in the Art Deco style of architecture.
This project began as two blighted, underutilized parcels which hosted a gas station and vacated restaurant in downtown Traverse City.