Community Development Project Profiles
See how the MEDC and communities have come together to increase private investment, create jobs and make lasting impacts in neighborhoods across the state through these project profiles.
Strathmore Apartments Limited Dividend Housing Association LLC (in coordination with McCormack Baron Salazar and Midtown Detroit Inc.) have renovated the former Strathmore Hotel in Detroit.
Woodward and Erskine LLC constructed a five-story building in Brush Park, Detroit, with one level of underground parking on approximately two acres of land.
This private/public partnership will improve the visual appearance of the downtown area by eliminating or lessening the deteriorated, blighted or unsightly façades in Ishpeming
The city of Hillsdale was awarded $785,500 in Community Development Block Grant funds for blight elimination and rehabilitation for the 42 Union Street redevelopment project...
The team worked with the Grand Traverse County BRA to redevelop the site to accommodate 4,000 square feet of commercial space, seven residential units and underground parking
The new structure includes 54 apartments above approximately 9,700 square feet of first floor commercial/retail space and 29,000 square feet of underground parking.
1145 Griswold Street LLC converted a vacant and dilapidated 11-story building, formerly known as the Capitol Park Building.
The Plaza Midtown LLC project renovated a former medical office building on Woodward Avenue in Midtown Detroit into a mixed-use retail and residential building.
Du Charme Place LLC, led by Walter Cohen, completed a new market-rate residential development, which adjoins Lafayette Park and the Dequindre Cut Greenway on approximately 2.45 acres.
250 West Larned LLC has converted the former Detroit Fire Department headquarters and an adjacent building into a boutique hotel with a first floor restaurant called the Apparatus Room.
This project redeveloped a former historic warehouse and car dealership into an innovative green and sustainable office and design center located in Midtown Detroit.
This historic, Paradise Valley building in Detroit required extensive rehabilitation in order to accommodate a restaurant, offices, and the home of Real Times, Inc. publishing company.