Are you interested in development opportunities in your community? Are you new to MEDC and unsure of where to start? You’re in the right place!
In today’s competitive economy, we know developers and businesses can invest anywhere. That’s why we’re helping our Michigan communities think strategically about their planning and development processes so we can ensure a streamlined process for investors like you!
Where should I start?
Are you looking to invest in a community that can offer an efficient, predictable and transparent development process?
- A Redevelopment Ready Community might be right for you. Certified Redevelopment Ready Communities® (RRC) signal that locating a new business or growing an existing one within their municipality is straightforward and streamlined. RRC certified communities are actively looking for development partners to bring their community vision to life. To learn more about the benefits of investing in a certified RRC, view our Development Opportunities and Redevelopment in Michigan pages. To see available properties in RRC certified communities, view our map.
Are you looking to invest in a traditional downtown or neighborhood commercial district?
- A Michigan Main Street (MMS) community might be another avenue. MMS communities are working to build momentum and community support for revitalizing their downtowns. Participation in MMS ensures communities are dedicated to developing main street districts that attract both residents and businesses, promote commercial investment and spur economic growth. To see which communities are participating in the MMS Program, view our map.
We want to partner with you!
We offer many types of resources and information to help developers learn more about available opportunities. If you have a specific project in mind, consider the following:
Download our Community Development Guidance document for an overview of our funding priorities and programs.
- Talk with your community. Engaging them early in the process is crucial in order to ensure your vision aligns with their master plan and goals.
- View our available programs.
There is also a dedicated field team for each region in Michigan available to help you reach your goals. Known as the Community Assistance Team (CATeam), they’re available to answer any questions you have. When reaching out, be sure to have the following information available:
- Project address
- Basic idea of redevelopment plan